Friday, May 13, 2016
Grateful for being grateful!
This week I have had such a beautiful feeling of possibility! The word comes from the Latin possibilis, which means "able to be done."The fact or state of being possible, abilities that could make someone better, a thing that may be chosen out of several alternatives. This perfectly describes my state of be-ing--the last several weeks I faced an all out war with the adversary, discovered and felt my power as a daughter of God, and ended up in a place of complete gratitude.
Through that trial I placed my trust in my Heavenly Father, and I have been so blessed! I've been feeling and hearing God's love for me through others, discovered a new friendship, and received the gift of opportunity to change my life. It was always there, but I didn't truly believe it until now! I have been so grateful, for everything around me and each new day and that gratitude has been filling me so full that I have been joyful! In fact, yesterday on my drive home I was praying in the car, and saying all the things I was so grateful for and even that I was grateful for being grateful! And it's true, because it has brought me such happiness and such possibility and hope this last week.
So what holds us back? Back from remembering who we really are, from sharing with others, from connecting with them in absolute truth? For me it was fear. That is the source of everything I have gone through! Realizing I have the ability though the grace of Christ to release fear and embrace love has been instrumental--often I will place my hand over my heart and tell myself "All is well, you are safe and supported in this journey." I have learned about so many tools recently that I will share in later posts, but know that the time is now. The time is always now. Not when you are able to complete all your goals, or when your kids are grown, or when you understand that one thing that keeps messing you up. The power of the atonement begins the moment you decide to allow it, not after you have done everything you think is possible. His grace will bring the help and healing that you need, you just need to be willing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment