Friday, June 20, 2014

Something to celebrate


Yesterday was my birthday! It really was a wonderful day, filled with kind words and the people I love.  At home there was an amazing cake waiting for me that my Mom and Lexi had picked out (feel free to icknore the number on there), which officially stuffed me for the night after a day full of treats and yummy food. I even loved the incredible (yet off-key) singing that my Dad and brother joined in for ;)

 
 

 
Momma surprised me by showing up at my office with balloons of many "happy colors,"and yes they are staying here as long as they will last!



But it was the framed poem that has stuck in my mind--she knew it was meant for me. 


Have you ever seen something or had a moment that just felt familiar? This was one of those times, right down to the beautiful flowers.  How fitting it was! And it reminded me of my Grandma Sycamore too, she would have loved this.  The words caused me to look back...


It was one year ago yesterday that I took a step that changed my life. Those close to me know the full extent of what I mean.  Sometimes I think we don't realize how much we have changed until we look back--steps may be small but they are there.  Often our hardest struggles are the ones we fight with ourselves.  Those deep-seeded thoughts that turn into self-fulfilling prophecies fueled by doubt and fear.  We say life isn't fair and we start to give up, but the power to overcome has always been within reach--it's in ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. BAM! I can't wait for more!
    I'm glad you had a Happy Birthday! You deserve it!
    Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete